Home and Community Based Services
- Education Support Services â€“ assistance to individuals who want to start to return to school
- Pre-vocational Services â€“ Time-limited services that prepare individuals for paid or unpaid employment
- Intensive Supported Employment â€“ Assists recovering individuals to obtain and maintain competitive employment
- Ongoing Supported Employment â€“ Supported provided to individuals after they have successfully obtained employment
- Family Support and Training â€“ Enhances the skills of family members and supporters so they can support the recovery of a family member with behavioral health issues.
*Children and Youth Services:
- Community Habilitation â€“ assistance with learning social and daily living skills, and health related tasks and participate in community activities
- Day Habilitation â€“ assistance with learning social and daily living skills such as building relationships, cooking and communication skills
- Caregiver/Family Support â€“ Training and education for families and caregivers to make informed and empowered choices
- Community Self Advocacy Training and Support â€“ Assistance to understand developmental, medical, mental health, and/or substance use needs; assistance with difficulties while participating in community activities; self-advocacy training
- Prevocational Services â€“ learn skills to help get ready for paid work or volunteer work
- Supported Employment â€“ ongoing support while getting a job and while working
- Planned Respite Services â€“ provide short term relief for families/caregivers and support the child
Eligibility: Adults â€“ Must be 21 or older, be insured only by Medicaid, and be eligible for Medicaid Managed Care.
Children and Youth â€“ Children and Youth with disabilities, up to age 21, who are enrolled in or eligible to enroll in Medicaid and are found eligible for HCBS.
Application Process: Call or walk in for assistance.
Required Documentation: Call for information.
Fees: Call for information.
Herkimer, Oneida, and Otsego Counties.
125-127 E ALbany Street
Herkimer NY 13350
Supports & Services Director